(SMC Communication: #33-2012)-I- I/DD TCM Transition for Periodic and Residential Service Providers Posted on 3/9/2012 I. SMC has been working in close partnership with the SMC Provider Agency Council members representing periodic, residential and Targeted Case Management services who serve SMC's catchment area to develop a transition plan for I/DD consumers who receive TCM. This transition plan will occur in phases and is an attempt to minimize disruption in services for consumers, families and supports, and SMC providers in managing TCM capacity and services. In order to prepare for these changes, SMC IDD providers will be asked to complete a spreadsheet identifying key information necessary in to provide accurate information on consumers currently being served by IDD agencies. This information will be used to ensure consumers are transitioned to a provider or the MCO for care coordination. The transition will occur in following way:
• State-funded (IPRS) consumers who receive TCM AND periodic and/or residential services will begin to receive their care coordination from their priority periodic or residential service provider no later than April 16th;
• Periodic and residential service providers will receive training on basic expectations and who is responsible for care coordination if the consumer receives multiple periodic and/or a residential services the last week of March. This does not include individuals who ONLY receive state-funded TCM;
• Consumers receiving ONLY state funded TCM will be maintained on TCM caseloads as long as the service is still being provided and anticipate that this group will be the final group to transition.
• CAP-MR/DD consumers who cannot be supported by a TCM provider in their region will transition to SMC IDD Care Coordination. SMC Care Coordination staff will have IDD Care Coordination capacity by mid-April and anticipates full IDD Care Coordination capacity by mid-May;
• In regions where a consumer can be transitioned to an existing TCM provider, the consumer will receive TCM from a network provider prior to being transitioned to SMC care coordination.
• CAP-MR/DD recipients with July birthdates and individuals receiving state-funded TCM only will be transitioned last;
• For individuals receiving TCM only, whose provider is unable to provide TCM through June 30, will be transitioned to an existing TCM agency. Transition preparation will begin in June.
SMC IDD Providers will receive two time sensitive communications in the next week:
• A request detailing IDD Caseload information on a standardized excel spreadsheet; and
• Publicizing March training dates and times for "Periodic and Residential Service Provider TCM Transition". These communications will require rapid responses from your agency.
Thank you for your willingness to support our consumers in this time of transition. We will post minutes from the IDD TCM Care Coordination Transition subcommittee on our SMC website and provide updates at our next IDD Provider Meeting on March 19, 2012.
Provider Network Department
Smoky Mountain Center
44 Bonnie Lane
Sylva, NC 28779
Provider Phone Line: 1-866-990-9712